Fabulous Finds

I think I'm becoming a fan of SNL Korea. I was just browsing through YouTube, and happened upon a certain video of one of their skits. It's called "Yeouido Teletubbies," and at first, I thought it was some weird parody of a children's show. But then, I realized, it had to do with Korean politics, and that discovery just brightened my day. They characterize the main figures of the current political scene today, through the different-colored teletubbies. For example, Park Geun Hye is called "뽀," the red teletubbie (called Po, originally). Moon Jae In is called "문제니," the yellow one. Lee Jung Hee is a purple "구라돌이," while Lee Myung Bak is affectionately called "MB," the green teletubbie. Ahn Chul Soo is white, called "안쳤어." I just love how the writer/PD of the skit played so close to the real events, cause it's like a kid's storytelling version of all the happenings, doused with a little sweet cursing in between.

For example, the first episode that I saw was the most recent one, the second episode of Season 4. Before, the sun that rises in the beginning was Lee Myung Bak, but now that Park Geun Hye is president, it's supposed to be her, but it seems like it's some man who looks kind of like her. Is that right, or am I just hallucinating? Cause that would be too hilarious. Ohhh...

The whole episode makes direct references to the real-life characters, including how former President Lee Myung Bak completely provoked Kim Jung Eun of North Korea, and now Park Geun Hye has to deal with his fury. I just love how Kim Jung Eun is portrayed (although a bit biased-ly and stereotypically), always holding a black balloon nuclear bomb around, huffing "핵핵" at Park Geun Hye like a pervert. Geun Hye is portrayed pretty well, with her short temper and always beating people up, along with her aversion to "talks," or political discussions. Although Moon Jae In was portrayed as a kind of silly character (unlike the real person), I think the director still meant well, and the actor actually apologized for exaggerating and making a kind of bizarre character. The skit does a lot of political bashing, and I wonder if they got threatened by the higher authorities. I didn't have time to fully scrutinize all the political inside jokes, but if I have time, I must do that.


Then, there's the Geun-Ki couple that came up a few days ago, or was it just yesterday? I'm not sure how to call this couple, Geun-Ki, or maybe Joong-Geun. I think I like the former better. Like I need to say this word for word, but I'm talking about Song Joong Ki and Moon Geun Young, who I've been worshiping since I first found out about Song Joong Ki. For some reason, right from the start, I got the feeling that they would be a great couple together, and when I did the matchmaking online, I got the highest score I've ever seen. Then, there's the fact that they both attended Sungkyunkwan University, and that Joong Ki is only two years older than Geun Young, what I think is the perfect age gap between a man and woman (not to be too gender biased). They both won the Best Couple Award with the same gender, Song Joong Ki-Yoo Ah In and Moon Geun Young-Moon Chae Won.

That's Joong Ki on the far left (only his head is shown), Geun Young in the yellow cardigan.
Then there's the quadrangle relationship that the two are involved in. Firstly, Moon Geun Young has the relation with Moon Chae Won from "Painter of the Wind." Moon Chae Won then starred in "Princess's Man" with Park Shi Woo. Then, at about the same time late last year, Song Joong Ki and Moon Geun Young starred in their own dramas, "Nice Guy" and "Chungdamdong Alice," respectively. And guess who acted opposite the two of them? Moon Chae Won and Park Shi Woo (respectively). And now, to complete the "love quadrangle," is for Song Joong Ki and Moon Geun Young to star in a drama together. Or maybe, Song Joong Ki and Park Shi Woo, but I don't think that's going to happen, haha.

There have been news that Moon Geun Young will star in a new sageuk called "불의여신 정이," which will air after Lee Seung Gi's "Gu Family Book," or "구가의서," later this year in June. Although it's not set, it's in "considering favorably" stages, according to Dramabeans. They haven't casted a male lead yet, and I really want Song Joong Ki to take this role. It's been five years since MGY did a sageuk, and a whole three years for Joong Ki! It's been some time since he finished "Nice Guy," and I think it's time for him to take up a new one, before he possibly enlists in the army (*crosses fingers that it's not true*). It seems like this particular drama will center on the heroine, which reminds me of "The Princess's Man," which all the more confirms my wish that Song Joong Ki star in this drama with Moon Geun Young.

Popular posts from this blog

Seo Kang Joon

Revelation