An (Embarrassing) Obsession

So, I think it was Friday night, I decided to check out Teen Top (for some unknown reason). And honestly, I couldn't help but fall for them (slightly). I still find their general image and personalities shown on TV revolting (like the whole "Don't Spray Perfume" thing and "beating" each other up on "Weekly Idol"), but I found their songs really catchy and addicting. I could (sort of) get why they're so popular in Korea, with great songs, okay fashion, and above average looks. And in the middle of this, I fell deeply in love with Chunji. I feel kind of ashamed about this, because I kind of picked him just for his looks, at first. I remember, when I was just glimpsing one of their music videos, he caught my eye, and I decided that if someone were to ask me who I liked from Teen Top, it'd be Chunji. And he's remained in my heart like that for about two days now. It's not that I'm madly in love with him, I have sort of a fangirl crush on him, a developing attraction to him.

How could you not fall for this?
He's really good-looking, but sometimes I find his eyes kind of scary, the way he sometimes has them open really big, particularly when he's on stage. I think he had double eyelid surgery (and also probably on his nose), so that might be why his eyes look so weird sometimes. See, I can't tell if he's a "good" guy or not. Apparently, he was part of some Gwangju F4, so that means he lived there for a while, but he's actually from some unknown city in Gyeonggi-do. I'm not getting a very good vibe from the whole of Teen Top, where, despite their popularity, there's this "murkiness" about them. I know, most idol groups are probably 못된 people, but with Teen Top, it's kind of very obvious about their 못된-ness. Maybe it's because they're generally really young, but they're not good at that whole "hide your bad sides, only show sugary goodness" thing in Korean entertainment.


However, I saw another side to Chunji when he sang. God, that guy can really sing. It's not like he's the best singer I've ever heard, but for an idol, and being in charge of visuals and all, I hadn't expected that from him. His voice is really nice to listen to, and I was almost completely won over.



And the way his face looks when he's singing, he looks so sincere and serious, compared to the 날라리 way that I see him with Teen Top, most of the time. I saw, in one of their visits to "Younha's Starry Night," that he and L.Joe were the only ones who were serious about performing one of their songs on the radio. I don't know, maybe it's just the naive side in me, but I'd like to believe that the guy I've picked from Teen Top might be somewhat good. After all, in my first dream about him, I found out that he wasn't totally the 못된 guy I thought him to be, that he was a pretty nice guy before debuting, but with everything that's Korean entertainment and especially Teen Top and their management, he changed drastically.

He was so cute when he was young... XD
That's the way to smile! :D
He's so beautiful... <3
Ah, I'm dead... -_-
Chunji!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seo Kang Joon

Revelation