B.A.P!!!

Recognized as the rookie group of 2012, B.A.P has wowed many. However, they didn't really impress me until a few days ago, when my eyes were finally opened. I already wrote a blog post about my initial realization on my main blog, but as the days go by, my amazement with this group is only growing. First of all, their music. WOW. I cannot help saying this word. B.A.P has a fresh new sound that is a blend of hip-hop and rock. The hip-hop is mainly comprised of a strong beat and lots of rap in between, along with rock, which ranges from pop rock to hard rock.

Right now, I'm basically in love with all of their songs, from their main singles to the rest of the EPs and mini albums that they released just last year. Currently, some of my favorite songs are "Dancing in the Rain," "What The Hell," and "Voice Mail." This is probably the first time I've fallen in love with a band's music before falling in love with the actual band. Usually, I'm all for the band, then I find out that they have good music too, which makes me love them even more. In the case of Infinite, the band and music sort of came in a package, along with their talent, I think. It's not that B.A.P isn't attractive (which they soo are), but somehow, it just happened that way. I think that's a good thing, because it's something new for me in the world of K-Pop, where bands usually are meant for eye candy, not ear candy. You know what I'm saying? Music is certainly better than materialistic goods like looks.

Of course, I can't not have a bias in B.A.P, right? I'm certainly the person that is attracted to those around my age, so Zelo is an automatic go. I think Himchan is pretty hot, the most good-looking out of the group. But notice here, where I'm not so crazy in love with these people. I like them, and think they're attractive, but I don't feel about them the way I do, say, with Myung Soo. I don't know, maybe it's because B.A.P isn't as handsome, or maybe because they don't have the qualities that make people attractive to me. I'm glad for this, but I just can't help but be so surprised at this!


I'm getting interested in the leader, Bang Yong Gook, who is the main rapper and writes most of his rap lines. With my recent realization, I found out that a lot of his lines are very, what should I say, politically-forward, or controversial when you put it in a political stance. To be more specific, things that don't agree with the current president and government situation in Korea. If he really means what he says in those rap lines, and they're geared toward the people that I think they are, then Yong Gook is a gold star in my book. He would automatically be added to my list of people to support and respect. Even if those raps weren't meant for the political people, I'd still respect him for being such a talented artist, despite being a rookie, but I'd like to think that they had a deeper meaning. Then, that would mean there's some meaty goodness in K-Pop, where music could be made for better purposes than entertainment, which means that there's hope for both K-Pop and Korea in general.

Popular posts from this blog

Seo Kang Joon

Revelation